The Sunshine Blogger Award
A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, not by one, but by three other bloggers within the same week. Yes, you’re seeing that correct, a few weeks ago. Life happens and, unfortunately, I’m only now getting around to posting about the award bestowed upon me.
What Is The Sunshine Blogger Award
The Sunshine Blogger Award is, basically, peer recognition among the blogger community. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that they feel are “creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.”
A blogger chain letter, if you will. Yeah, we all hate those emails that say you’re gonna have gloom and doom if you don’t pass it on to another 50,000 people. However, I appreciate this “chain letter” award because it’s a nice pat on the back, letting you know that you have somehow touched someone out in the blogging world with something you have written. Kinda like saying, “hey, you aren’t doing this for nothing.”
Rules For The Sunshine Blogger Award
Let’s cover some rules for participation in the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in you post and/or your blog.
First and foremost, thank you so much for the nominations from:
Lauren, My Favorite Job Title Is Mom
Junell, MissAdventures in Adulting
Jenni, Housewife Hustle
Questions From The Nominators For The Sunshine Blogger Award
Now, under my circumstances, I will not be answering 33 questions. I figured I would select three questions from each of my nominators’ posts for the award.
- What did you decide to start a blog, and what made you decide on your niche? Quite frankly, my blog is a hobby. I’m recently divorced and remarried; raising teens who don’t necessarily want to spend time with their uncool mom. (I’m cool, though. They just don’t know it.) My hubby is extremely supportive and said that he wanted to see me passionate about something and he brought up how I liked to write way back in high school. This simple little prompt got me thinking and here I am, attempting to manage a blogging website. Which I’m finding I love to do! My niche is mom lifestyle. Kinda just goes with the fact that, duh, I’m a mom and raising the teens that I may, or may not, want to strangle sometimes. So I cover parenting, divorce, co-parenting, relationships and basically anything that falls under living that ultra cool mom life.
- What is your favorite thing to watch on TV? I would say the Food Network or Cooking Channel is on the TV 80% of the time. As a family, we’re kinda addicted to the baking, cooking, bbq or whatever else championships they come out with.
- Where have you never been, but would love to go? My dad’s side is from Italy, a really cool village, Roccavivi, in the valley of some mountains. I think it would be a really cool place to see and take the kids to see part of their heritage up close. From what I gather, our family makes up a majority of the village.
- What is your favorite time of year? Fall and it’s totally unfair that I don’t get to experience it anymore. Florida only has summer, summer, a taste of spring, and 2 days of fall-ish weather. Boo hoo!
- What is your favorite you have written so far? My post about my divorce, and accepting that it’s okay that my marriage ended. It was kind of a freeing moment to put in down on paper and really accept and own the divorce.
- What is your guilty pleasure? I don’t think I ever really had a guilty pleasure until recently. As a mom, or parent, you get wrapped up in your kids and family, and don’t really focus on something for yourself. At least I didn’t. Now, now my guilty pleasure is really two things. One…blogging. This is something I’m doing just for myself and not answering to anyone else. Two…riding a motorcycle with my hubby. He’s the driver, but it’s still an amazing feeling of freedom, even as a passenger.
- How do you distress or improve your mood when you have a rough day? Chocolate. Okay, well, chocolate is my number one go to when I’m stressed. The real hero here is my hubs. The Almighty Hubby is an amazing guy. He’s dealt with so much stress in his life with business, that he finally threw it all to the wind and adapted a humorous, carefree attitude. He laughs at everything. If I really need help, he’s who I turn to; he makes my frown turn upside down.
- What are your blogging goals for the rest of the year? And 5 years from now? Rest of year, I’d like to post a consistently one post a week. Life kinda gets in the way, but I’d be super happy if I was able to maintain that goal. And 5 years from now…..I really don’t know. Like I said before, this is truly a hobby (gasp, I know, can’t say that in the blogging community). However, if I start to monetize the site, maybe, just maybe this would make for a great retirement supplemental income.
- What would you do if you hit the lottery and the prize was at least 1 billion dollars? Pay off all my debt, build my dream home, be a stay at home mom that blogs full time, just for fun.
That was fun.
Sunshine Blogger Award…And the Nominees Are
Now it’s my turn to pass on the Sunshine Blogger Award. I know that we are all busy, and if you can’t participate, no harm, no foul. I just want the following nominees to know that I appreciate what you are doing and I really enjoy your blogs.
We don’t all think the same, parent the same, or have the same lifestyle, but we all impart our own wisdom out to the masses where someone can relate and, hopefully, get comfort or assistance through our posts.
And The Questions Are…
- What made you want to begin a blog?
- What do you find to be the hardest part of blogging?
- What do you wish you had known before you began your blog?
- What accomplishment are you the most proud of?
- Using one word, how would you describe yourself?
- Do you hang your toilet paper over or under?
- If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
- What is the most outrageous food you’ve tried?
- What’s your favorite season?
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- What’s your absolute most favorite thing to do?
This was so much fun and I do really appreciate the nominations! I hope ya’ll will be able to pay it forward and pass on some love!